SYMPOSIUM #3 September 23rd.
Leica Presents: The LEICA WOMEN FOTO PROJECT
Wednesday, September 23rf 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Leica Women Foto Project | Award 2020
As part of the Leica Women Foto Project, Leica Camera USA is seeking three U.S. photographers to receive an award to support a personal project that is relevant to today’s social and political climate. The mission of the Leica Women Foto Project is to encourage and empower photographers to demonstrate the importance and impact of a female’s point of view. The award serves as a catalyst to reframe how we see, how we think, and how we express our visual narrative.
Applicants will be reviewed on the basis of quality of photography, dedication to the medium of photography, sophistication of project, as expressed through the female perspective with narratives that broaden perspectives, ideas and conversations on today’s social climate.
Photo entries will be reviewed by a panel of renowned jurors including:
- Karin Rehn-Kaufmann, Director, Leica Galleries Worldwide
- Amanda De Cadenet, Founder, Girlgaze & The Conversation
- Laura Roumanos, Co-Founder, United Photo Industries
- Sheila Pree Bright, VII Agency Photojournalist
- Elizabeth Avedon, Curator, Designer, Writer
- Elizabeth Krist, Photo Editor, National Geographic
- Lynn Johnson, Photojournalist, National Geographic
- Maggie Steber, Guggenheim Fellow, VII Agency Photojournalist
- Sandra Stevenson, Assistant Photo Editor, New York Times
Each member of the Panel will individually score each submission using the following criteria:
- Category 1: Quality of Photography
- Category 2: Dedication to the Medium of Photography
- Category 3: Sophistication of project
The three (3) entrants with the highest total scores will be declared the recipients of the award. In the event of a tied score resulting in more than three (3) recipients of the award, the entrant with the highest Head Judge’s score will be deemed the recipient of the award. Call for entries begins today and closes on October 8, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Leica Camera USA will announce the three winning photographers on or about January 18, 2021.
Complete details HERE.